Use the form below to send us an email and we will respond within 12 hours. If you need an immediate answer, our Customer Service team is just a click away, chat with us!
Send a Message
or Email us
Frequently Asked Questions
Renting a Joos power bank is super easy:
- By scanning the QR code
- Sign in and set up your payment method
- Click ‘Rent Now’ and take the power bank from the slot with the blinking light
- By tapping your phone or contactless card to the terminal
- Wait until the pre-authorisation of £30 is approved, then the Joos Box will release the power bank
- Take the power bank
- Press the grey/silver “Return” button on the right side of the Joos box
- Push the power bank into the slot with the flashing light
- Look for the “Return successful” message on the screen and/or your email receipt confirming the end of your rental
Renting a Joos power bank costs only £2 for the first hour and £3 for up to 24 hours.
After this, you won’t be charged more than £3 per day and if you keep that up for 10 days, well…you can just keep the power bank. Seems you need it.
Yes, the Joos power bank has 3 integrated cables, charging all types of devices. Fun fact, we are Europe’s only Apple MFi Certified lightning portable charger.
It depends on the state of your battery and how heavily you’re using your phone while you are charging it.
A fully charged power bank should recharge an average phone 2 times before running out of Joos. There is a micro-USB slot on the side to recharge it if you want to have the convenience of a power bank for a few days before dropping it back at a Joos box, or if you want to keep it forever
Yes, but it is not recommended. When charging multiple devices, the power bank’s capacity decreases at a faster rate than when charging a single device.
- Simply scan the QR code.
- Sign in and set up your payment method.
- Click 'Rent Now' and grab the power bank from the slot with the blinking light. It's that easy!
- Tap your phone or contactless card to the terminal.
- Wait for the quick approval of the $30 pre-authorisation.
- Voila! The Joos Box will release the power bank for you to take.
- Locate and then press the grey/silver "Return" button on the right side of the Joos box.
- Insert the power bank into the designated slot featuring the flashing light.
- Keep an eye out for the confirmation message on the screen or check your email receipt, which will indicate the successful completion of your rental return.
The cost of the power bank may differ across various locations, but don't worry! You can easily find the advertised price on the screen or within our app. Just check it out there, and you'll have the most up-to-date pricing information specific to your location. Oh, and just a friendly reminder, a pre-authorisation is required before making any purchase.
The rental fee is calculated based on the duration from when you rent and take the Joos power bank until the time it’s returned.
- If you're renting a power bank through the app, you have the flexibility to return it until your daily usage reaches a cap of $30. Once you reach this cap, the power bank becomes yours to keep. It's our way of ensuring you enjoy the convenience of Joos while keeping things budget-friendly.
- When renting through our contactless terminal, kindly return the power bank within 3 days to recoup your pre-authorisation fee. You'll only be charged for the rental duration. If you decide to keep it after 3 days, it's yours to enjoy! We prioritise flexibility and options that suit you.
Yes, the Joos power bank has 3 integrated cables, charging all types of devices. Fun fact, we’re Europe’s only Apply MFi Certified lightning portable charger.
If the Joos Box is showing as offline when you attempt to return, please contact the customer service team, who will be able to help you return the power bank successfully. If the Joos Box is offline when you want to rent, you can use the Joos App and find the nearest alternative Joos Box.
Please contact the customer service team who will ensure payment is cancelled and you are issued with a full refund.
Our power banks are turned on by a motion sensor. Just give it a little shake!
If that doesn’t work and the power bank you rented will not charge your device or the power cable has suffered obvious damage, please contact the customer service team who will help you locate a functioning Joos power bank and refund any incurred costs.
First, press the silver "return" button on the right side of station above the slots then insert the power bank into the slot with the light flashing next to it (the end with the power cables entering the station first). You can check the status of your order in the Joos app. You should also receive an order receipt once you've returned the power bank with the cost of your rental.
In this case, please try to return it again into a different slot. Don’t forget to press the “return” button! Alternatively, you can try and return at a different location. If this is not possible, please contact the customer service team.
If your power bank is inserted into the station backwards when returned, the station will automatically eject it. You can attempt to reinsert your power bank the correct way around. However, if it is stuck in the station and cannot be returned, please contact the service team as soon as possible.
No, you can now rent from our Joos Maxes by tapping the contactless payment terminal. It is useful to sign up for our app, as it allows you to follow your rental, see the available Joos locations around you and participate in our promotions. You can also chat to us there 🙂
The speed varies depending on the size and condition of the phone’s battery. A good benchmark is the ‘iPhone X’ can charge to 60% within an hour, and 100% within 2 hours.
The charging capacity of your Joos power bank depends on a couple of factors: the battery state of your phone and how much you're putting it through its paces while it's charging.
You'll be thrilled to know that a fully charged power bank can juice up an average phone not just once, but twice! That's some serious charging power right there. Plus, we've got you covered if you want to keep the convenience of a power bank for a few days before swinging by a Joos box to return it. Just plug a cable into the micro-USB slot on the side, and voila! It'll be recharged and ready to rock.
And hey, if you find yourself head over heels for your Joos power bank and can't bear to part ways, we won't judge. You can totally keep it forever!
Yes, but while it's technically possible to charge multiple devices with your Joos power bank, we'd like to recommend a little something. Charging a single device at a time allows the power bank to work its magic more efficiently, preserving its capacity like a champ!
Here's the scoop: When you charge multiple devices simultaneously, the power bank's capacity decreases a bit faster. So, to make the most of your Joos power bank's awesomeness, we suggest focusing on one device at a time. That way, you'll get the maximum charging power and keep your devices happily juiced up!
Send a Message
or Email us